Our team helps you patent your invention by meticulously adhering to our multi-step proprietary process in preparing and filing a patent application to claim your innovations. There are two (2) types of patent application to wit a provisional application and a non-provisional application. As its name implies, the provisional application expires one (1) year from the date of filing and will not mature into a patent whereas the non-provisional application may mature into a patent after examination. The non-provisional patent application comprises three (3) distinct parts namely, the Specification, one (1) or more Drawings and one (1) or more Claims. Our patent services help you file and prosecute your patent with the help of experienced attorneys at CoffyLaw, LLC. Your patent attorney will work with you very closely and file the patent
application on your behalf, track the progress, provide you with updates throughout the registration process, and provide recommendations on the best way to protect your brand, idea, and patent. We utilize a multi-step proprietary process in working with inventors to insure we capture the gist of your invention. As such, the boundary of your invention is well understood and claimed accordingly.
CoffyLaw, LLC has more than 80 years combined experience in patent infringement. Our legal team includes ex-patent examiners, patent attorney, inventors, business attorneys and technical advisors in mechanical electrical engineering, and computer technology. Whether preparing patent or patent applications, reviewing patent applications, negotiating corporate agreements, providing guidance, and direction for compliance with IP law, litigating in court or reaching a settlement, CoffyLaw, LLC performed the full complement of patent corporate services.
Drawing on years of experience in national and regional patent law firms, representing a diverse client portfolio, including Fortune 500, mid-size companies, and entrepreneurs, CoffyLaw, LLC is positioned to strategically stay on top of the laws that affect our clients. CoffyLaw, LLC protects and defends your creations, inventions, and preventing others from misappropriating what you have accomplished.
Patent & Internet & E-Commerce
Protecting your patent and supporting your online business
- Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution
- Social Networking
- B2B portal websites
- Website usage Terms and Conditions
- Web content licenses
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance
- Content licensing agreements
- Privacy issues
- Sponsorship and event agreements
- Patent and domain name clearance
- Design Patent: D627,954
- Simple Mechanical Patent: 8,585,092
- Medium Complexity Wireless Patent: 9,621,340
We perform a wide range of patent IP-related corporate services, including reviewing IP portfolios for potential investors.
- Patent Application Preparation and Prosecution
- Patent Proceedings (re-exam, interference, inter-partes review)
- Patent Analysis, Opinions, Assertions
- Patent Clearance, Freedom to Operate (FTO)
- Patent and Trade Dress Development
- Patent Strategies and Trademark Programs
- Patent and Trade Dress Counseling, Registration, Licensing and Litigation
- Patent False Advertising/Unfair Competition Litigation
Filed Patent Applications
- Simple Mechanical Patent Application: 15/227,205 (US Pub. No. 20170036586 A1)
- Simple Pharmaceutical Application: 15/228,119 (US Pub. No. 20170049675 A1)
- Medium Complexity Network/Software Application: 14/819,791 (US Pub. No. 20160042307 A1)